Locum Event Practitioner – Paramedic / Nurse Paramedic
Hamad Medical Corporation Qatar
This position is a key role to the delivery of a patient focused care during the FIFA World Cup2022. The Locum Event Practitioner will
be a senior member of the medical team across event sites and will, on occasions, be required to provide direct supervision and clinical leadership to
a team assigned to them. The Locum Event Practitioner will be required to work on flexible shift basis for the duration of the event and will be assigned to a specific event location, but may be reassigned as the event progresses. Further, the duties of a Locum Event Practitioner are delivered in an out of hospital environment related to the cover of events. Candidates should be comfortable conducting their duties in such a temporary/out of hospital environment.
Education / Qualification Required
One of Following
General Nurse – Paramedic Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing (any country)
- Diploma in Nursing: 3 years study after finishing a Highschool certificate (Any Country)
- Associate degree in nursing (Any country)
- UK: an approved program leading to eligibility to register with the Health Care Professions Council – UK as a paramedic
- Canadian Primary Care Paramedic
- Australian: Diploma or degree in Paramedicine
- South African HPCSA Registered Diploma: Emergency Care Technician
- New Zealand based diploma of paramedic science
- Completion of a relevant program or equivalent which is recognized by the national
regulatory body and by DHP Qatar.
- Minimum of 2 years experience working as a Paramedic / Nurse in one of the following countries: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland , Denmark, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
- Minimum of one episode of clinical practice experience (paid employment or voluntary) in one of the following areas: Public events, Religious
events, Cultural events, Sporting tournaments, Music concerts, Political rallies or events, Cruise Ship, Military Environment and Expedition or Similar
Valid and in a good Standing License in current country practicing as a Paramedic or as a Nurse
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver high quality immediate medical assistance assessing patients’ clinical needs and then referring or discharging from the scene as
- Work to Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service (HMCAS) Clinical Practice Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures, and the clinical scope of an HMCAS Ambulance Paramedic.
- Where appropriate and clearly identified take delegated responsibility for delivery of clinical care within their service delivery area as part of
the clinical Team ensuring close liaison with HMCAS duty supervisory/managerial structure.
- In collaboration with other team members, ensure effective management and provision of all clinical access, effectiveness, or communication
operations, without compromising patient care.
- Co-ordinate effective hand-over at shift change times to avoid any adverse impact on clinical access, effectiveness and communications quality and performance measures.
- To be responsible for staff welfare and support where appropriate.
- Promote and ensure best practice employee relations with emphasis on communications, equal opportunities, diversity, health and safety and
- Manage both clinical and non-clinical risks. This will involve identifying and escalating risks appropriately and implementing plans to mitigate them where required.
- To ensure that their service delivery area is prepared and adequately resourced to manage multiple casualty incidents (MCI) and other major
incidents in line with event plans.
- Practices according to the Hamad Medical Corporation Ambulance Service Code of Professional Conduct.